Posted to alt.home.repair
John Jones John Jones is offline

Default Magic Jack news anyone?

"Marina" wrote in message

"John Jones" wrote in
:

I know this has been discussed here in the past but
have a lot of people
gone with this service since the last time it was
brought up? Have people decided it is good or bad. I
installed it a few days ago and so far everything went
very well and I have no complaints.

Thanks for any replies.

I just got mine in the mail. Had problems trying to set
it up and getting Error 3 proxy error.

Used the MJ live support. Helpful, but couldn't locate
the problem. She told me the ports to use to allow on my
firewall.

Well, the firewall is hard to understand. I disabled the
firewall and MJ works like a charm. I emailed the
firewall people (Sunbelt formerly owned by Kerio) just
now to see how to set it up to allow MJ to connect.

Will let you know how it turns out.

p.s. I tested MJ at work. It's not good because they
have a rotten DSL connection on a network. It's kinda
slow and when I called someone she said it kept cutting
in and out. At home I have cable.
Marina

Are you referring to Windows Firewall? You can allow MJ through if you add
it in Exceptions window. It should already be configured for MJ application.