Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't buy this toilet.

"Not@home" wrote in message
I can't tell from your description, but some European toilets have a shelf
at the bottom, above the water level. The idea is that your feces land on
the shelf, where you can inspect them. Once your inspection is done, you
flush and the feces are washed off the shelf into the water, then into the
trap. I haven't noticed that such toilets have deposits on the shelf, but
it could happen. I know that having a toilet brush by every toilet is
common in Europe.

You have to marvel at some of the public toilets in Europe. My favorite is
a shallow porcelain tray at ground level with a hole in it and a grab bar on
the side. Or no seat, just the porcelain bowl to hover over. The hotels,
restaurants, and private homes are OK though.