Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default need flashlight that takes a regular edison light bulb

In article ,
"Pipedown" wrote:

I've never seen such a thing but I do know you can get 12V bulbs with that
kind of base. You could concievably convert an 8 D cell flashlight body by
kluging a reflector and socket onto the grip.

As for running a 120V bulb, Black and Decker haas a battery pack with built
in inverter with 16W, 120V output. You could use any modified lamp as the
holder.

Frankly you should just look for a low voltage red LED flashlight to meet
your needs. You may be able to replace the LEDs in a now cheap white or
blue LED flashlight. Maybe all you need is a diffuser.

Red lighting is useful in maintaining night vision when moving about dim and
dark areas.

Maglite sells, or you could easily make your own, red filter for a
mini-mag. Pilots use them at night to read charts without screwing up
their night vision.

"dumb_fishie99" wrote in message
you know, the kind that you jsut screw in to any old light socket. I
need some kind of flashlight
so I can take it with me to areas with no electric socket available.
I don't want a regular scoop
light like I coudl get at any hardware store because that is not very
portable.

I have a reason for wanting it - I want to screw in my edison-type red
led light bulb
and take it to work with me. It's not one of those super-bright red
led flaslights,
it's a lot larger than that, but uses low watts.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? Can I get this at some hardware
store?