Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Best paint color for a Wilton machinist vise

On Thu, 29 May 2008 12:23:41 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 29, 6:35 am, wrote:
I repainted a Wilton vise last winter. I replicated the factory color
with hammertone light blue. It is available online or thru McMaster
Carr.

Bob

I paint all my machines a uniform machinery grey to maintain their
sense of unity, otherwise the import tools shirk their duty because
they feel inferior to the older, more experienced American iron. They
must all work together as one and follow my instructions exactly
without question. Davaite!

Do you paint all your gas bottles Miller blue?

Only the purged 20 pound propane air pigs
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada