Mark

Default Enlarging an existing door knob hole...HELP!

In article ,
says...
Guys, help me out on this....

I have an older home where all the door knobs are tarnished badly. So, I've
decided to replace them with new ones. The problem is the old holes on the
doors are too small to accept the new knob fixtures. Any suggestions to
achieve a professional result?

thanks,
Anthony

Purchase a hole saw (there's a standard size for current
locksets). Use a piece of scrap 1/8" masonite or 1/4" ply
or anything similar, about 3x3". Use small brads to
temporarily tack this scrap to the door over the existing
hole. This will give you material to start the hole saw
with. So long as the existing holes aren't too far from the
door edge, you'll be able to make the change seamlessly.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
Your perception may be different.