Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Sanded vs unsanded grout

Ed wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
news:Qiq%j.4016$fk.2461@trnddc06...

If I get your description right I would use grout caulk instead of
grout.
Grout with some latex silicon mix. You use it between tile and
bathtubs and
tile and sinks also at corners. It comes in a caulking tubes for use
in
caulking guns. You can get it sanded or nonsanded, it depends on how
large
a gap you have between the tile and sink.

Yes, that's the place that needs new grout. I'll try the tube product.

Thanks.

It seems odd to use a sanded grout between sink and tile counter. I
would use silicone caulk, sans
sand. Easier to clean, and you want it to be a waterproof joint, right?