Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Fake Square D Circuit Breakers (RECALL)

"dpb" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
Bud, has there been any determination that these counterfeit, breakers
are not made to the same specs as any other QO?
No non-counterfeit recalls are there?

--I read that there weren't any incidents with the counterfeit breakers,
so I'm wondering if they are not in fact, the same

Then how did they get a recall for failure to trip? If there were no
instances of failing to trip?

I can see making them retract them as counterfeits but that's not the
baliwick of CPSC; that would be a legal thingie as near as I can tell.

And, of course, they could well be "made to the same spec's" but that's
not _quite_ the same thing as performing to the same spec.

OK, that's not what I heard. All I heard was that there were counterfeits
that were being recalled, once identified, but nothing about failing to trip