Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Cutting Vinyl Siding?

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
Hi Guys
Wife has a guest cabin to vinyl the exterior.
We're using KayCan "snow-white" vinyl siding.
The building needs 80' perimeter by 10 vertical,
What's the best way to cut that type of siding?
I know about skil and jig saws, and I know about
setting a skil saw into the bottom of a 4x8 table.
(I built this little cabin).

What I don't know is how to cut Vinyl without
chipping it?
Thanks Fella's
Ken

A cheap plywood blade installed backwards in your circular saw of choice
does a fine job for crosscuts.

You can knock together a simple guide jig (I can upload a picture somewhere)
to create your own little sliding saw for the crosscuts.

To do the angle cuts (gable ends) with saw you need one of the more
expensive sliding miter saws and the backwards blade. I just use siding
snips as I don't do it often enough to justify the expense.

--
Colbyt