Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default How do you tell if you have 60 amp or 100 amp service?

"Jonathan Grobe" wrote in message
Do electric companies always know what service you have?

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

No, they don't. They only know how much you use. They may have a record of
the size meter you have, but any newer installation would use a 4 or 5 jaw
meter good for 200 amps. I don't know, offhand the circular mils of a #2
aluminum conductor, but even if you had that info, it probably won't help.
The cable should have the numbers written on it's sheath. It would say
something like 2-2-4 al