Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Radial Arm Saw Table - Help, please

I have seen RAS mounted on long tables and finally brought my old
Craftsman RAS up with the idea of building a long (10') table to mount
it on.

Please, I want to do this so spare me tha comments about altenatiives
like buying a sliding mitre saw, etc.

I began by building a frame out of 4 x 4 legs and 2 x 10's to form a
"table." unsing 1 x 3 "stretchers" near the bottom - to support a
planned "shelf" as well as tie the legs together.

So, I have this table frame 10' long and 26" deep and, now, need to
figure out how best to mount the saw to it.

I "discovered" the height adjusting crank last night and realized I
would have to extend it through the front (2x10) support member. So
this is an issue - how to best do that.

I also want teh table top to be all in one plane, but want the section
the blade will travel to be removable (when I cut too deep and scar it
- or plow slots into it!

Ideas, plans, pictures of someone else's table would be appreciated.
(Links to same?)

Thanks in advance.