Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default How do you tell if you have 60 amp or 100 amp service?

"Jonathan Grobe" wrote in message
How do you tell if you have 60 amp or 100 amp service?

The wiring in the service cable is aluminum. What sizes
would be 60 amp and what would be 100 amp?

I have an old size fusebox, with main on the left
side and range on the right side. While right now
there are 4 of the long 60 amp fuses in the fuse box,
am I correct that probably the correct numbers should
be 60 amp in the main and 40 amp in the range for a total
of 100 amps--and that this is probably a 100 amp service?

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

You are correct. The service entrance cable will determine the service size.
If it is aluminum, it should be #2, if it's copper #4. Anything smaller
would be a 60 amp service