Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default Sanded vs unsanded grout

Ed wrote:

The grout around our below-the-tile kitchen sink has shrunk back and
needs replacing. Currently, it is sanded like
the rest of the grout. But, when I visit HD or Ace hardware all I see
for the application is unsanded grout. Should I look further,
or use the unsanded?

TIA

Ed

If I get your description right I would use grout caulk instead of grout.
Grout with some latex silicon mix. You use it between tile and bathtubs and
tile and sinks also at corners. It comes in a caulking tubes for use in
caulking guns. You can get it sanded or nonsanded, it depends on how large
a gap you have between the tile and sink.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"