Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Absurd, right? The 30 foot phone line

Dallas wrote:

"Dave Platt" wrote in message

Just so you can be sure... I'd suggest re-doing the test, with the DSL
modem plugged directly into the demarc connector using a short 6'
cable.

I'd love to but I just don't have the 30' Ethernet cable.

But, I just tested the 30' phone line with a meter and it shows continuity
between all the connector blades and it draws just 2 ohms on each wire, so
it's looks fine. I reconnected the direct connect and am running on it now.
Still no change 1647 download 644 upload.

megabits/second, when the modem is jacked directly into the demarc,
then you *definitely* have line problems that AT&T should fix.

The AT&T guy connected a laptop to his box and ran his tests with that. He
said the line was good.

I keep getting the feeling that the Earthlink software didn't upgrade the
line to 6.0 Mbps.

:-/

Dallas

Look, don't feel bad, I'm being forced higher rates to pay for a speed
that I'm not getting.
Most of the time, I just get above 1 mb, they raised my $rates and
told me that minimum speed is now 5 mb, I still don't get any faster
through put than before and there is no packages for me to get it cheaper..

It's a monopoly and unless a **** load complain, they get away with it.
P.S.
I went through the BS like you, the service tech check the signal in
my area and said "Well, thats the speed", didn't change my bill how ever.

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"