Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hammering screws

wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember
saying
something like:

Are there any problems at all with hammered screws?

Do you mean the ones that are designed to be hammered in - the
lightly twisted thread? If so, I've not had any real problems with
them where they are meant to be used, as in holding corrugated iron
sheets on, etc.

Or do you mean hammerfix frame fixers? Same goes.

If you mean hammering in ordinary screws - it's a daft idea.

the latter. I've been doing loads of it, and it works very well.

Go & stand in the naughty corner until told to move.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk