Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:
"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
A scooter travelling well within any speed limit will arrive at a
destination sooner than legally driven cars most of the time.
If you live that long. I gave up driving a bike years ago, when just too
many people in cars had tried to kill me.

I said 'legally driven' ...

You said it would arrive sooner than legally driven cars, not that we
should assume the carelessly driven cars didn't also exist.

I don't understand your point. Don't boher about trying to explain, I shan't
bother to read any more.

They kill pedestrians and occupants of cars too.
I don't LIKE motor bikes of any kind but it seems that they're involved in
fewer accidents than cars, per capita.

But an impact that will write off a car and leave its occupants shaken
will kill a biker,

Not necessarily.

so it takes fewer accidents to kill them.

Not so.

(Pedestrians are just as vulnerable or more so, but less likely to be
sharing the road with the cars for long distances.)

Pedestrians shouldn't be sharing the road. Pedestrians should be on the
footpath.

But in many places pedestrians are forced into the road by selfish
motorists.