Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

http://www.lexus.co.uk/hybrid/index.aspx

I had a look, it's a very nice site. Couldn't see any estate versions
though, I've asked if there is one and if it can tow.

The Toyota Highlander is a 7 seater SUV with a hybrid option, so would
have
more cargo space (with back seats taken out). It's a US model only though,
AFAIK, so you would have to pay to import it, and put up with left hand
drive or possibly pay to convert that too. And I don't know if anyone
does a plug-in conversion yet.

Don't want an SUV, thanks, can't do with having to remove seats :-)

Certainly don't want LHD (thus opening a sub thread for all those folk who
claim it's safer G).

And pay extra for importing???

I'm a Yorkshireman!!!

I've been in touch with Lexus and have interesting information which we'll
consider. No rush though. Pre-owned (used to be called 2nd hand) are pretty
cheap.

Mary