Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Hammering screws

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

Are there any problems at all with hammered screws?

Do you mean the ones that are designed to be hammered in - the lightly
twisted thread? If so, I've not had any real problems with them where
they are meant to be used, as in holding corrugated iron sheets on, etc.

Or do you mean hammerfix frame fixers? Same goes.

If you mean hammering in ordinary screws - it's a daft idea.

--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.