Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:07:21 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

A scooter travelling well within any speed limit will arrive at a
destination sooner than legally driven cars most of the time.

If you live that long. I gave up driving a bike years ago, when just too
many people in cars had tried to kill me.

I said 'legally driven' ...

They kill pedestrians and occupants of cars too.

I don't LIKE motor bikes of any kind but it seems that they're involved in
fewer accidents than cars, per capita.

Oh Dear.

(And as to speed, my C90 just about managed 60mph when slipstreaming
downhill at exactly the optimum distance behind a juggernaut. It was only
faster than a car when driving around town.)

And did that speed matter? I can't understand why everyone's in such a
hurry. They say they want to save time - for what? Getting home and watching
tv??

Because it's safer keeping up with the prevailing speed of the
traffic.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org