Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need a 4" opening in my roof

On May 27, 11:10�pm, Red Green wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote in news:b674085b-dfdf-4bda-bf0a-
:

Hi,

I am installing a exhaust fan in a bathroom and the only way out for
the vent is through the roof. Can you point me to a resource that
describes how to do that? I assume it's more complicated than putting
some caulk around the edge... My roof is asphalt shingles.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

This link is to a bath vent kit you can get at the borg (aka HD or Lowes).
The spec and installation sheet is available from this page.

http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?ProductID=2471

i would try hard to vent it thru a eve or gable, the roof can cause
future leaks