Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default high voltage outlet

Chris wrote:
I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my
dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never
seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but
twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high-
voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug
that will fit?

Can't see it from here ( ), but sounds like it could be the UK type,
perhaps? Otherwise, w/o a picture or more definitive description I'm at
a loss...

What is the rating for the unit to which it's attached?