Posted to alt.home.repair

Default high voltage outlet

I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my
dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never
seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but
twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high-
voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug
that will fit?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Chris wrote:
I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my
dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never
seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but
twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high-
voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug
that will fit?

Can't see it from here ( ), but sounds like it could be the UK type,
perhaps? Otherwise, w/o a picture or more definitive description I'm at
a loss...

What is the rating for the unit to which it's attached?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my
dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never
seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but
twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high-
voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug
that will fit?

Could be a 40A dryer or range outlet. Could be a lot of things but I can't
see it. Did you check the voltage? The breaker? The wire size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris wrote:
I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my
dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never
seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but
twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high-
voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug
that will fit?

go to
http://www.powercabling.com/nema.htm

pick what you have and post back
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey. I got some pics.. but, I can't figure out how to send them
through this newsgroup.. If anyone wants to see them, email me and I
will reply back with pics.

Thanks
Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

and.. in taking my pics, I see that the outlet in question sez HEMA
and 250 V/ 30 AMP, but it is much bigger than the other outlet in my
bedroom, although the outlet openings are the same configuration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris wrote in news:70295aee-4969-442d-b408-
:

Hey. I got some pics.. but, I can't figure out how to send them
through this newsgroup.. If anyone wants to see them, email me and I
will reply back with pics.

Thanks
Chris

Go to:
http://tinypic.com and post pic. No registration/agreements. Just
upload and it'll give you a link back. Post link here.