Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default How to attach shed frame to slab?

"RedDwarf" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I will be buying a prefab shed from lowes that is 12x16. It still has
to be assembled, I think they give you the frames built though. I was
curious to know how to attach the frames to the slab... I think they
assume the purchaser will be placing it on leveling blocks, and not on
a slab. (yes, I need the cement floor, i'll be running electrical to
it)

do I have to drill into it, can i liquid nail it (this may sound like
a stupid idea... i don't know)?

Thanks everyone.

I have a 10'x16' shed on cement that I built. I poured the cement, and just
used the regular commercial concrete anchors imbedded in the wet cement.
Just don't sink them too deep. That is the best way. If you're using
existing cement, I'd use good quality drive-pin anchors or the epoxied ones.
Make sure you use PT'd sill plates, and use a foam gasket under the sills.
You might want to explore more options before buying that prefabbed shed. I
looked at all the prefab sheds at home depot, and they were just a plain
rip-off pricewise. I built a real building instead of a shed with a real
garage door, (not swing-out ones) electricity in it with cement for about
half the cost of the prefab. Something to think about anyhow.