Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to attach shed frame to slab?

Hi folks,

I will be buying a prefab shed from lowes that is 12x16. It still has
to be assembled, I think they give you the frames built though. I was
curious to know how to attach the frames to the slab... I think they
assume the purchaser will be placing it on leveling blocks, and not on
a slab. (yes, I need the cement floor, i'll be running electrical to
it)

do I have to drill into it, can i liquid nail it (this may sound like
a stupid idea... i don't know)?

Thanks everyone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 27, 5:54 am, RedDwarf wrote:
Hi folks,

I will be buying a prefab shed from lowes that is 12x16. It still has
to be assembled, I think they give you the frames built though. I was
curious to know how to attach the frames to the slab... I think they
assume the purchaser will be placing it on leveling blocks, and not on
a slab. (yes, I need the cement floor, i'll be running electrical to
it)

do I have to drill into it, can i liquid nail it (this may sound like
a stupid idea... i don't know)?

Thanks everyone.

It pretty much depends on what you are up against weather wise. I get
80MPH winds here occasionally, so I'd tie it down as well as possible.
On the other hand if high winds aren't a problem, one of those Ramset
type nail drivers likely would do. For the best hold down in an
existing slab, Concrete anchors epoxied into drilled holes are about
as good as it gets. They sell a 2 part epoxy at big box stores in
caulking gun tubes. Thats what I used for my 4 post lift, I've
regularly picked up 6000+ lbs, for years and it hasn't budged. I go
back and attempt to tighten the fasteners occasionally, and it has yet
to need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 27, 8:39�am, Eric in North TX wrote:
[...]

if you havent poured the slab yet install anchor bolts, and when we
built mine added construction adhesive too and caulking.

my shed is 16 by 20 with 10 foot high walls and a 12 foot peak.

it has commercial shelving inside it, screwed to the frame of the
shed,

it isnt going anywhere
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 27, 8:43Â*am, " wrote:
[...]

it isnt going anywhere- Hide quoted text -

I see, and then just drill holes in the base of the frame and slip it
over the bolts - then put a washer/nut to tie it down...? I think that
is what I will do...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 27, 9:50Â*am, RedDwarf wrote:
On May 27, 8:43Â*am, " wrote:

[...]

- Showquoted text

I see, and then just drill holes in the base of the frame and slip it
over the bolts - then put a washer/nuttotie it down...? I think that
is what I will do...- Hide quoted text -

- Showquoted text -

you could also add in a layer of gasket foam between the frame and the
slab.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I see, and then just drill holes in the base of the frame and slip it
over the bolts - then put a washer/nut to tie it down...? I think that
is what I will do...

I'd put something between the base of the frame and the concrete: Rubber,
plastic, whatever - even a treated 2x4 sill plate - to minimize the chance
of water damage and rot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RedDwarf" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I will be buying a prefab shed from lowes that is 12x16. It still has
to be assembled, I think they give you the frames built though. I was
curious to know how to attach the frames to the slab... I think they
assume the purchaser will be placing it on leveling blocks, and not on
a slab. (yes, I need the cement floor, i'll be running electrical to
it)

do I have to drill into it, can i liquid nail it (this may sound like
a stupid idea... i don't know)?

Thanks everyone.

I have a 10'x16' shed on cement that I built. I poured the cement, and just
used the regular commercial concrete anchors imbedded in the wet cement.
Just don't sink them too deep. That is the best way. If you're using
existing cement, I'd use good quality drive-pin anchors or the epoxied ones.
Make sure you use PT'd sill plates, and use a foam gasket under the sills.
You might want to explore more options before buying that prefabbed shed. I
looked at all the prefab sheds at home depot, and they were just a plain
rip-off pricewise. I built a real building instead of a shed with a real
garage door, (not swing-out ones) electricity in it with cement for about
half the cost of the prefab. Something to think about anyhow.

Advice plz on laying concrete slab for a shed to go onto thelane UK diy 9 December 31st 07 09:32 PM
How attach cabinet face frame to carcass? wayne86 Woodworking 11 November 23rd 06 04:08 PM
shed slab cj Home Repair 14 May 11th 06 07:59 AM
How to attach face frame to shelf unit. Greg Guarino Woodworking 11 April 22nd 06 09:15 AM
Attach shed roof to neighbours wall gk UK diy 9 October 25th 05 02:56 PM