Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How do I keep robins from pecking at my window/pooping on my deck?

Jordan wrote:
Every spring right through to the end of the summer I have a robin or
two that love to peck at my windows. They start about 5:30 in the
morning and come back every hour or two. Very very irritating!

In years past I have been very tolerant of the bird spit on my
windows, but this year the robin is crapping all over the deck. It /
they sit on the window sill and crap there and on the deck and sit on
the railing and crap on it and the deck. Also I can't even park my
car in the driveway near the deck because they or it craps all over
that too. I really can't believe how much crap comes out of these
things
I know it has a nest under the deck so in the fall I am going to
clear it out and screen in the ledges under the deck so the can't
come back next year, but I need to keep them off my deck this year
because it is ridiculous. What can I do to keep them away from the
deck and stop them from pecking on my windows and crapping on my car?

Here's an idea outside the box - or rather inside the box.

Find a three-sided aquarium. They hang out near apartment dumpsters.

Line the three remaining sides with reflective foil. Fashion a lid.

Mount the contraption in the window. Open lid. Put in bird-seed. Close lid.

Birdies will now come into your breakfast room, or wherever you've mounted
the gizmo, to have their meal and you can enjoy them up close. With a
suitable hole in the lid, you can even shoot the little *******s.