Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Lavatory Pans

On Tue, 27 May 2008 09:23:56 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:

"petercharlesfagg" wrote in message
My wife and I as we increase in years find it more and more difficult
to use these low profile lavatories.

They may be all the vogue and an essential for 'modern' homes but are
the very devil to stand up from as the joints sieze up!

We have been looking and asking in B&Q, Bathstore, Homebase, General
plumbers etc. to obtain the old, dare I say it, 'Bog standard loo'!

Nobody appears to stock such items any longer!

Can anyone suggest an online supplier, we have tried using Google etc.
but it always comes up as the so called 'modern' design!

Just do what I did for my dad.. put the pan on a raised platform.
His is 3" higher than normal now.

Additionally or as an alternative, fit grab handles to the wall
if it's in a corner. You can get grab rails to install alongside
if it's not against a wall. Obviously, any such items need to be
very well secured, as they may need to take the weight of someone
who grabs one when falling.

This is a good alternative to fixed grab handles and it can be removed
completely without any modifications:

http://www.keepable.co.uk/product/me...me-TL2010.html

One very similar to this is supplied by my local hospital for use after
hip replacement. Height is adjustable.

Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux