Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default electric stun fish

Karl Townsend wrote:
He used to go out and do fish shocking to do population studies.
They didn't kill only stun the fish but then could net and
measure etc. I helped him with some of the electrical controls

From what I've learned so far, it looks like someplace in a range of 100 to
600 volts does the job. I see the commercial unit is pulsed DC. Apparently
the field telephone is 100 volt hi frequncy AC.

So, would plain old house 110, or 220, likely work? Also it would be easy to
step it up to 440 with a transformer. Or, if it should be DC, just add a
rectifier.

Karl

If you want me to try and contact him and get the particulars I'll
see if I can. Dont have an e-mail for him right now but could try
a phone call. I don't comunicate well on a phone. (hearing is bad)
...lew...