Steve Knight

Default 1 micron vs 5 micron DC bags (or, Have my goolgle skills gone bad?)

I agree that grabbing chips/dust at the source is best, and in
conjunction with an ambient air cleaner its about the best you
can do for yourself. As long as I'm not doing prolonged
cutting I don't put a mask on but if I'm making 5 or more
cuts I'll do it to limit the dust I breath. If you cut just a few
pieces on the miter saw, try to catch a glimpse of the dust in
the air under the right fluorescent lighting. Its ghastly...

it's better to work at a really good dc setup so you don't have any sawdust in
the air. the air cleaners don't do a lot of good really. quite a bit of air gets
in your lungs that it does not filter.
With some effort you can set up a really good dc with good filter and have
almost no dust in the air.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes