Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't buy this toilet.

"mm" wrote in message
I may have written this before the last time I visited my brother, but
it's worth saying again!

Don't buy a Villeroy and Boch, Magnum model, toilet.

My brother's house has 5 and I can only hope they came with the house
and he didn't get sold this junk when he partially remodeled.

Almost everytime you use it, it has to be cleaned. OTOH, my average
priced Eljers rarely need cleaning, because the water surface in my
Eljers is 3 to 4 times as big as the area in his toilets.

This has afaict nothing to do with the amount needed for flushing.
But since one has to flush it once or twice during cleaning, it still
uses more water than my 30 year-old ones do.

This is something like it:
http://www.villeroy-boch.com/index.p...=62.12845.11.1

It looks to be a common design used in Europe. They tend to have a straight
sided bowl with little water sitting in the bottoms. They get dirty very
fast. IMO, they should not be sold for sanitary reasons. I think most
every toilet in Europe has skid marks in it.