Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Lathe question

On May 26, 1:19*am, "William Noble" wrote:
ya know, Wes - there are two types of engineers (actually this probably
applies to any group of folks) - those who think they know more than eveyone
else and are out to prove it, and those who end up actually knowing what
everyone else knows because they listen and ask questions - I haven't worked
production line stuff for decades, but I found that the Techs and even the
assembly folks could generally teach me something if I would just shut up
and listen to them - and at least in my experience, everyone I asked for
help was willing to help - maybe it had to do with the asking and listening
parts.

I listen to the people who do the work, but have learned to separate
their observations of what happens, which is valuable, from their
interpretation of why it happens which is often incorrect if they
don't know the science behind it.

Jim Wilkins