Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Does anyone remember manufacturers actually packaging CMOS chips in
in carriers with aluminum foam coated styrofoam? I wish I could find
some of those. Maybe before antistatic packaging was common.

Yes, along with the early RCA 'A' series CosMos ICs. A lot of
overruns of early ICs showed up at the Dayton hamfest in original
packaging. I have a couple boxes of NEC MC-5800 RF-IF Hybrids that are
in cardboard shipping containers, with foil liners. I could dig one out
and take a few pictures if you'd like.

I bought some 'very' early 4016 ICs from James Electronics, (Later
renamed as Jameco) that were stacked and wrapped in several layers of
aluminum foil.

I've even seen aluminum rails that were formed like the anti-static
plastic tubes at Fair Radio in Lima Ohio 20+ years ago, but they wanted
over $1 each for a curiosity, so I tossed them back in their bin. I
doubt they were anywhere close to a buck new, and the price was way out
of line for that surplus store.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM