Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

Paul wrote in
:

although not quite relevant to the argument in this thread, you should
read this guy's experiences and his discovered gotcha's about ESD
products:
http://archive.evaluationengineering...es/1102esd.htm

VERY interesting. I am glad I started with reading this one. Will read the
other references also and I thank you for them and the time you took to put
them together.

It has been some time (over 30 years) since I worked on a production line
and anti-static precautions were not taken. We made resistors and
capacitors.
It has been almost as long since I worked with radar and very ESD sensitive
diodes.
Since then, I have been lucky, I guess. In Baton Rouge, the high humidity
helps.
I have built some SMT devices recently, using ESD sensitive devices,
working on a foil covered bench and making sure everything was at the foils
potential.
No problems but from the info in the above reference, I can see some places
I could have run into problems if I did things differently.

Again, my thanks.

--
bz

infinite set.