Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

bz wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

Gareth Magennis wrote:

I always know when the humidity is low because then every time I get
out of my car I get a shock when I touch the bodywork. The static
comes from sliding myself off the seat on the way out. It only ever
happens in warm weather. Probably not a good idea to be holding any
RAM chips or sensitive Radar detectors during these times. Or a small
animal.

You can damaged an IC at levels that won't generate a spark.

Yep.

OTOH,
'low humidity' in Central Florida is still over 50%.

Likewise here, in Baton Rouge, LA.

When humidity here is considered 'average', you can reach out and
squeeze water out of the air.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM