Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default If ya don't feel good ... pay attention!

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:41:50 -0700, "Hawke"
wrote:

I had a case of the flu last January. Achy muscles, no appetite, the
usual.

Had another little dose of it coupla weeks ago. Nuisance. Then, for
no apparent reason, I couldn't get my breath. Uh oh, let's go right
now! We did.

Turns out I'd had two "symptomless" heart attacks. After the second,
the docs said my hours remaining without intervention were countable
with a single digit.

Now, a couple of weeks and one quintuple bypass later, they're quite
optimistic. They said being generally healthy and strong helped a
lot. I'll be limited to 10% "load rating" for a month, then 20% thru
Labor Day, then whatever I can rehab myself to after that -- and, I'd
have more energy than I'd had for a decade with all that good oxygen
getting to where it needs to go.

Glad they found it in time. I had a little overnight stay and a nuclear
stress test a few years ago due to a false alarm- probably related to

the
60
or 70 ounces of high-test coffee I used to drink. Better safe than

sorry
once you're past 50.

It's a wonder that a lot of you guys are still alive. I guess I'll chalk
that up to improvements in medical treatment because the lifestyle a

large
number of you guys engaged in was bound to catch up with you. Heavy

coffee
drinking, smoking cigarettes, eating like ****, not exercising, avoiding
doctors, man, what the hell were you guys thinking? No wonder the women

all
live longer. They're clearly smarter. It sounds like some of you wanted a
short life. Either that or you are incredibly ignorant about how to be
healthy. Now that you all have had heart procedures maybe some of you

will
actually change your habits. But knowing men as I do I think a better bet

is
to expect early funerals for a lot of you guys.

Hawke

If you really believe that, start buying life insurance on us --
particularly those of us who want a short life, are ignorant, eat
badly, never exercise, void doctors, etc.

That sounds like a good idea. But I need to know which ones of you are going
to keep living the unhealthy lifestyles. I wouldn't want to buy insurance on
the ones who changed their ways. That would be a bad investment decision on
my part.

Hawke