Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Hacksaw frames

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:54:11 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Let's hope nobody in the world ever makes another slotted screw.
I hate 'em and still have my boyhood scars to prove it.
Robertson and torx are my faves, followed by hex, pozi, and phillips.

More times than I can count, I have saved the day by cutting a slot across a
stuck screw (usually a munged Phillips) and then backing it out with a plain
'ole screwdriver.

Vaughn

When I bought "lifetime guaranteed" screw drivers from Lee Valley, I
asked if the guarantee would apply to the Phillips ones since I would
never use them to drive screws, only to remove them.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada