Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default tuned exhaust for a Lycoming 0320

JR North wrote:
These were just generic silk screeners-not board shops. several years
ago. I called them, asked specifically about scanning my prints (OK),
asked specifically about screening onto 4X8 media (OK). When I showed
up with circuit traces, I might as well have been wearing a Ronald
Reagan mask.

Well, my guess is it takes special inks, and maybe some special
gear to align the screen to the work. If they are used to
screening inch-high letters on Tee shirts, putting .050" high
lettering on a PC board WOULD look like something done in
another universe to them. PC boards use epoxy inks to stick to
the epoxy surface of the board. And, the screens are insanely
fine to properly image tiny letters. They probably had no
experience in doing fine-line stuff.

Jon