Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tanner-'op Tanner-'op is offline

Default small spiral-ratchet (Yankee-type) screwdriver

dennis@home wrote:
"Cicero" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:03:51 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Sun, 25 May 2008 20:24:51 +0000, Cicero wrote:

There's one in my Toolstation catalogue - I think this is the one:

Hmmmn, doesn't say how big it is but looks at least 13"
Yankee(-equivalent) and only has own bits, not pozis :-(

==================================
It's a good price even if it isn't a 'genuine' Yankee. It's cheap
enough to experiment with, and the job you have in mind (fixing pipe
clips) isn't really very demanding.

Damn difficult to hold the screw, clip and driver in one hand while
pumping it with the other.
I expect after the first couple of slips and a bit of blood it will be
confined to the tool box like my yankee.

Dennis,

There is no problem using a Yankee screwdriver with one hand - the technique
is simple.

Tanner-'op