Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Magic Jack

Dave Bugg wrote:
George wrote:
John Jones wrote:
"Lou" wrote in message

I have been trying MJ as a second line with Vonage which
I have had for a few years. Both seem to be the same
quality. Vonage ask a fee to disconnect so I am in no
hurry to switch them off. The bottom line in expense is
you need to leave a computer on for MJ to work.
Doesn't Vonage charge a monthly fee, where as MJ charges
a yearly fee? I'm temped to try it at $20 a year versus
$370 a year. That worth a tank of gas.
Lou
Yes. Vonage gets about 18.00 per month while MJ gets 20.00 per year.
I paid $40.00 for device and 1 year of service. I will eventually
drop Vonage completely.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. Magicjack doesn't have a
sustainable business model so as soon as they burn through the
investor money they will either have to turn the lights out or charge
what other services charge.

Please provide the cite for that.

No cite, I am sure you know things about whatever business you might be
in. Anyone who knows the workings of VoIP knows what the overhead is and
that they don't have a sustainable business model. BTW, there is nothing
technologically magical about magicjack. They require you to use that
silly energy wasting key which means you need to keep a computer running
all of the time. Behind the scenes they are just slightly different than
standard SIP.