Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

PlPaul wrote in
:

The safer practice nowadays is to use high resistance materials,
and NOT aluminum foil, or metal film covered plastics, or that black
conductive foam. The low resistance materials allow fast and high
charge/discharge currents that can vapourize small tracks or
microcircuitry.

Please show me where this is documented and what family of semi conductors
to which it applies.

My calculations show that the probability of
producing excessive current flow inside a CMOS chip by use of aluminum
foil,
without already having exceeded the voltage limits of the chip, is very
small.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.