Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Magic Jack

John Jones wrote:
"Lou" wrote in message

I have been trying MJ as a second line with Vonage which
I have had for a few years. Both seem to be the same
quality. Vonage ask a fee to disconnect so I am in no
hurry to switch them off. The bottom line in expense is
you need to leave a computer on for MJ to work.

Doesn't Vonage charge a monthly fee, where as MJ charges
a yearly fee? I'm temped to try it at $20 a year versus
$370 a year. That worth a tank of gas.
Lou

Yes. Vonage gets about 18.00 per month while MJ gets 20.00 per year. I paid
$40.00 for device and 1 year of service. I will eventually drop Vonage
completely.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. Magicjack doesn't have a
sustainable business model so as soon as they burn through the investor
money they will either have to turn the lights out or charge what other
services charge.