Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Obamas plans for the US

cavelamb himself wrote:
Ah well, remember when we all laughed about "getting the government
we deserved"?

I didn't laugh Richard.
I've been sitting around wondering why there aren't somewhere
between ten and thirty Hatch Act violation cases underway right now.

I had to go look that one up.

The Hatch act precluded federal employees from membership in "any
political organization which advocates the overthrow of our
constitutional form of government."

I'm not sure where you are going with it though.

There are over thirty instances of this sort of testimony before the
Congress.

Alphonso Jackson
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4370840

Philadephia, the city's housing director Carl Greene, says Jackson
threatened his agency's funding after he refused to hand over city property
worth two million dollars to one of Jackson's friends.
Philadelphia's lawsuit against HUD uncovered this incriminating exchange of
email between Jackson's top assistants.
"Would you like me to make his life less happy? If so, how?"
"Take away all of his federal dollars?"
"Let me look into that possibility."

SEN. ARLEN SPECTER (R-PA): When you have this exchange of email about making
his life unhappy and taking away the funding, and "I'll look into that" and
then the same day they take action to withhold what is now amounting to 50
million dollars that's just too much of a coincidence.

ALPHONSO JACKSON: As I stated in a memorandum to you. I saw this for the
first time on Tuesday. And I am making every effort to get to the bottom of
it.

Lurita Doan
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=3268651

REP. BRUCE BRALEY (D-IA): The Committee has been informed by multiple
sources that after Mr. Jennings finished his presentation, you stated, "How
can we use GSA to help our candidates in the next election?" Now, reminding
you that you are under oath, can you tell the committee whether in fact you
did make that statement?

LURITA DOAN: I do know that I am under oath, and I will tell you that
honestly and absolutely I do not have a recollection of actually saying
that.

REP. HENRY WAXMAN (D-CA): It's unusual for me to ever call for the
resignation of a federal official. But in your case, I don't see any other
course of action. I would urge you to resign.

I think you can watch this broadcast online. Do so if you have a minute.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05232008/watch.html

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com