Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default If ya don't feel good ... pay attention!

Don Foreman wrote:

I had a case of the flu last January. Achy muscles, no appetite, the
usual. Had another little dose of it coupla weeks ago. Nuisance. Then,
for
no apparent reason, I couldn't get my breath. Uh oh, let's go right
now! We did. Turns out I'd had two "symptomless" heart attacks. After
the second,
the docs said my hours remaining without intervention were countable
with a single digit. Now, a couple of weeks and one quintuple bypass
later, they're quite
optimistic. They said being generally healthy and strong helped a
lot. I'll be limited to 10% "load rating" for a month, then 20% thru
Labor Day, then whatever I can rehab myself to after that -- and, I'd
have more energy than I'd had for a decade with all that good oxygen
getting to where it needs to go.

Had a 5 holer and an aortic valve replaced coming on six years ago this
June. Yeah, it's nice once you get up and around to see what it's like to
be hitting on all cylinders again.

Steve