Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default semi OT. use of a generator

So, the sig other says were going camping with her in-laws. 3 nights, 7
people in a tent trailer. The heater is 12 volt powered. I always run the
trailer from the truck battery, no problems. In fact, Ive run the trailer
for two days straight. This year I am a little worried about running the
truck battery down. Now for the metal content. I do have a very very nice,
really little Kawasaki 1000a generator. The genny even has 12 volt outputs,
8 amps. So, can I charge the truck battery from these outputs???? truck is a
2000 Nissan Frontier.

The second question is, how to lock the genny down, so it does not get
stolen and so that it does not vibrate or "walk" while running. We will be
staying in a camp ground on beach...

any suggestions welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

bob in phx.