Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default If ya don't feel good ... pay attention!

cavelamb himself wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:47:45 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

I had a case of the flu last January. Achy muscles, no appetite, the
usual.
Had another little dose of it coupla weeks ago. Nuisance. Then, for
no apparent reason, I couldn't get my breath. Uh oh, let's go right
now! We did.
Turns out I'd had two "symptomless" heart attacks. After the second,
the docs said my hours remaining without intervention were countable
with a single digit.

Now, a couple of weeks and one quintuple bypass later, they're quite
optimistic. They said being generally healthy and strong helped a
lot. I'll be limited to 10% "load rating" for a month, then 20% thru
Labor Day, then whatever I can rehab myself to after that -- and, I'd
have more energy than I'd had for a decade with all that good oxygen
getting to where it needs to go.

That's rough. But I'm glad you made it to the doctor in time. I hope
you make a steady recovery without any further problems!

Best wishes,

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I've been told to expect a steady recovery -- and that
if I do my part I should expect to feel better 3 months from now than
I have felt any time in the past decade. Oxygen!

I dunno 'bout that. Don.

I was a heavy smoker and managed to quit right near (10 days in fact) a
year ago. It took 6 or 8 months for that nasty little "itch" to die
down. I was glad I didn't smoke any more, but there wasn't a day went
by that I didn't think I wanted a cigarette.

Then, something odd happened. I went from being glad I didn't smoke,
to being glad I didn't HAVE to smoke.

June 4th will be my one year anniversary.

I can say that yes, I feel better than when I smoked, but I'm pretty
sure I'm not 21 any more...

Ah well, so much for smoking.

Recover!

Take it easy. Don't rush recovery by "scheduling".

Take your time - in fact, take the rest of your life!

Take your meds, do the therapy.

Stick around a while.

And thanks for the warning (!)

Richard