Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Question about Circuit Breaker

In article 5cca38ba-bd85-4ea4-abb2-
, says...
On May 23, 10:46=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "charlie" =

tus.com wrote:

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
I have a circuit breaker that won't switch back on for my microwave.

[...]
sometimes

You misspelled "always".

you have to switch them all the way to off before they'll go back
to the on position.

they can go bad. it's pretty easy to change them out if you first power o=

ff
the breaker box with the service disconnect breaker.

It's actually a lot easier to change them if you leave the main breaker on=

,
so you're not trying to change breakers in the dark. And as long as you pa=

attention to where you put your fingers, it really isn't significantly les=

safe.

!!!!!!!NOT FOR A NOVICE!!!!!!

A helper with a flashlight, working during daylight, a drop light with
a 12 volt bulb powered from your cars battery, or even a inverter and
regular light all poered from your car, are way better alternatives,
than replacing as breaker with the main breaker on

I see you missed the part where I wrote "pay attention to where you put
your fingers."

If you don't touch the busses or the main lugs, it's damn near
impossible to get shocked while changinge a breaker. And there's no
reason to have your fingers near enough to them that there's any danger
of touching them.