Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Obamas plans for the US

cavelamb himself wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

John, I can truly say this is like finding out that when you come
home at night your house looks normal and everyone sits down to
dinner to talk about their day, but that one day you come home at
1:00 PM and find that it's really a crack house and gambling den
that you live in, with fold-down gaming tables and so on, that
are all neatly rolled up and put away before you regularly get
home.

That's a shame Ed.
I believe you do find all of this distressing.

The scale of it makes me angry. The feeble reaction of the Fed,
Treasury, and Congress annoys me. But it's not something I sit here
and worry about. I'm more worried that nothing will change in
November.

--
Ed Huntress

You are not alone in THAT particular fear, Ed.

I think the anger comes about from a feeling of helplessness -
no idea how to correct the situation.

If John and George are right, we are still in the foreplay stage.

Scary...

Richard,
This "conversation" is one that the three of us have been having for
years and it's all been public.
At least my partipation has been, and pretty much of the cuff.
Ed's view is heavily influenced by his career in journalism and his
concomitant ability to ferret out numbers and infer fact.IOW, Econ.

George is an educator, regardless his career, it's what he likes and
is good at. He's a gatherer.

You can't figure all of this out rationally.
I've made the point more than once that this entire situation only
computes as cultural anthropology.

The "foreplay stage" began in 1974 as ERISA.
That statement assumes that you want a start date certain as a
reference.

We have reached the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the
end, of foreplay phase.
It's an important distinction.

Copy that.
After all, foreplay is fun!

Then comes penetration and a whole lot of moaning and thrashing
around.

Ah well, remember when we all laughed about "getting the government we
deserved"?

I didn't laugh Richard.
I've been sitting around wondering why there aren't somewhere between ten
and thirty Hatch Act violation cases underway right now.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com