Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Magic Jack

Marina wrote:
wrote in
:

Not sure I understand why "it's not available in my zip code yet".

Because when I looked up the available area codes, mine isn't there.
I mistyped and meant area code. If I'm forced to take an outside
area code then other people who don't have Magic Jack will have a LD
charge when they call me.

Your area code IS there (I'll wager). You just can't GET some area codes
because all the numbers within that area code are taken or already
allocated. For example, 212 (Manhattan) is completely full. The same area is
covered by area codes 646 and 917. Likewise for Los Angeles (213) is now
also 310 and 818.

Think proliferation of cell phones (and computers and fax machines) for the
reason.