Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default If ya don't feel good ... pay attention!

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

I had a case of the flu last January. Achy muscles, no appetite, the
usual.

Had another little dose of it coupla weeks ago. Nuisance. Then, for
no apparent reason, I couldn't get my breath. Uh oh, let's go right
now! We did.

Turns out I'd had two "symptomless" heart attacks. After the second,
the docs said my hours remaining without intervention were countable
with a single digit.

Now, a couple of weeks and one quintuple bypass later, they're quite
optimistic. They said being generally healthy and strong helped a
lot. I'll be limited to 10% "load rating" for a month, then 20% thru
Labor Day, then whatever I can rehab myself to after that -- and, I'd
have more energy than I'd had for a decade with all that good oxygen
getting to where it needs to go.

Welcome to the club, Don, and thank God you made it. I had mine last year --
not sympomless, as I felt the angina -- but the docs said that taking two
(uncoated) aspirin right away probably saved my life.

Be prepared for a period of psychological adjustment to the idea that you
are now a heart-attack victim. It's changed a lot of my attitudes.

We'll celebrate the anniversaries of your deliverance.

--
Ed Huntress