Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Hacksaw frames

On Fri, 23 May 2008 22:43:29 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor
qualm, John Martin quickly quoth:

On May 23, 6:42*pm, Wes wrote:
John Martin wrote:
I also keep at least one adjustable frame around as I use screw
slotting blades on occasion, and they only come in 8" lengths. *Pretty
handy blades, and they save having to set up the mill for just a few
screws.

I assume they have no set?

No set, but ground with a slight taper - thickest at the cutting
edge. Four or more different thicknesses.

I don't see them in the latest Starrett catalog, so it looks as though
they may have been discontinued.

Let's hope nobody in the world ever makes another slotted screw.
I hate 'em and still have my boyhood scars to prove it.
Robertson and torx are my faves, followed by hex, pozi, and phillips.

--

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi