Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

Gareth Magennis wrote:

I always know when the humidity is low because then every time I get out of
my car I get a shock when I touch the bodywork. The static comes from
sliding myself off the seat on the way out. It only ever happens in warm
weather. Probably not a good idea to be holding any RAM chips or sensitive
Radar detectors during these times. Or a small animal.

You can damaged an IC at levels that won't generate a spark. OTOH,
'low humidity' in Central Florida is still over 50%.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida