Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Canned food. Where and how are the cans made?

I have been wondering for a long time. Where and how are the cans made
for canned food? It would be costly to ship them empty from another
location so I imagine the cans are made at the food processing/
packaging plant but this is only a guess.

So anybody know anything more?

Faribault foods, in Cokato MN, canning factory has a warehouse full of
lid-less cans. I get the pallets they come on for my business use. My
neighbor drives their truck. He goes out with a load of peas, corn and
ravioli. Comes back with a load of empty cans. Fortunately,for me, the empty
can pallets aren't good enough for full can pallets.

Karl